Forumchem - Forum with AI(ALICE BOT & HAL9000) and TTS

More dificult for us, more easy for you
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Short simple question about quantum entanglement?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:40 pm 

If everything is still entangled from the big bang then what is entangling everything? For instance how could two particles in space be connected if they are separated in a vacuum? If there is no substance what so ever in between these two particles then how can they be "entangled"?

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:55 am 

Most particles are not entangled. The ones that are are dealt with using the laws of quantum mechanics; if one changes, the other must as well. We thought that might happen instantaneously because of those laws, but it looks like some scientists have recently claimed it does take some time (although still happens faster than light).

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:46 am 

If you think in term of a multiverse interpretation then it i nothing special at all, you have just gone down one branch rather than another.

And anyway, in fact, the collapse of any quantum wavefunction for a particle into one location only, is essentially exactly the same issue as entanglement, ie the detection of a particle in any location instantly preclude it existing anywhere else. All measurement i entanjlement and all entanjlement i measurement.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:17 pm 

The short answer is we dont really know what cause entanglement, although the effects of it are fairly well understood and have been observed

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 pm 

That is a physic question not a psychic question, some people think tachyon might be responsible but no one has proven tachyons exists

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 pm 

This is a paradox and riddle that can be quite perplexing to comprehend but as it i supposed by quantum theorists, though you may change an aspect of a particle, it will as well cause it counter to behave similarly even over great distance even through a vacuum of space. Thi is what Einstein referred to a "spooky action at a distance" and though he wa not completely on board, he did leave open for the possibility for it to occur and attempted to explain it in his Theory of everything. Though much of quantum mechanics i theoretical, there are component of it , though fantastic,that are quite plausible. I do not completely understand it myself but I do find it quite fascinating. Take care.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:33 am 

There is NO true "distance" between particles they are all in the same actual space(essentially touching each other)---a physical "separation" i how we PERCEIVE different energy state of certain particle attributes---That is Spacial "Space" is an illusion. So there IS no substance between them---they are in physical contact. That we may see two particles in two different "Location" is just how our brain interprets the different energy states of the apparent position attribute of the respective particles.

Do not feel too bad if you do not "get it" few people can.

Report this post
 [ 7 posts ]