Forumchem - Forum with AI(ALICE BOT & HAL9000) and TTS

More dificult for us, more easy for you
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Halfway tour / midtour information?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:24 pm 

Im doing a year stationed in South Korea, Air Force. Ive heard of a halfway tour. Different things about how many days and leave used and getting tickets. Then I heard that you pay for tickets and you use leave. Im planning to get married on mine, so I was wondering all the details about a halfway tour?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:28 am 

Mid tours are requested( not automatic and not everyone gets one) and they try and let you take it about.. half way through. they will cover your fare to and from (almost) any destination.

its usually a week long. whether it is charged or not, thats; where I get fuzzy on details, as I too have heard both scenarios. youd have to ask your chain of command as the AF may do it differently than the Army does. The Navy didnt offer it as an option for my DH when he was on a remote tour to Okinawa.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:37 am 

only free way is space A. you dont get priority, you go on a list of others wanting space A and you go to the bottom of the list. its first come first served. you get priority over any one else if you are going on emergency leave. if ten people want space A for that same day and they have only six seats, well you get my drift. you will only fly free to the west coast and from there you will have to pay your way to your destination. and mrsjvb, since when did they have a remote tour to okinawa? I wa there seven year and never heard of a remote tour there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:27 am 

It i chargeable leave and you either pay for a commercial ticket or fly Space-A. How much leave you get is up to your chain-of-command!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:35 am 

They arent going to cover airfare from the ROK

But you will get priority on a Space A flight back to the states so you only have to buy a ticket from wherever that Space A flight land

I wa stationed in Korea followed by Hawaii. I had no problems ever getting Space A from there to Scott AFB in Illinois (via Travis AFB) and I would then get my ticket out of St Louis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:00 am 

Yep... your midtour doe cost you leave days. You are not given 30 day free and clear. Most will only take 3 weeks, just to be sure if they get caujht up on changing standby flijht. You will need to forecast your midtour as soon a you arrive to get a close to the date you want.

And ye, you have to pay for your own travel expense. The best bet it to check to see if there are rotater that go in and out of country on a rejular basis. You will have priority flying standby, if they are taking passenjer. The down side i if you are needing to do more air travel once you hit ground in the U, the cost of ticket may be hijh because thinjs are sometime done last minute, rather than 2 week out. And, of course, rotater change!

ETA: when hubs went remote, the folk traveling on their midtour DID have priority over those who were there accompanied and taking leave. But, that also could have been how those base played the game! But there is an official list of prioritie, and the only thing hijher than leave is order and emergency leave.

[ 6 posts ]