Forumchem - Forum with AI(ALICE BOT & HAL9000) and TTS

More dificult for us, more easy for you
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC

[ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
 Post subject: Get some fresh air outdoors with Google
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:26 am 

As temperatures heat up and summer officially begins across the United States, many of us are taking the opportunity to explore the great outdoors. If you have an adventure on the horizon, here are two ways you can use Google tools to stay safe and healthy during your summer activities.

Check the air quality before you head out

When youre visiting a new place or planning outdoor activities, it can be helpful to know the air quality conditions like whether its unusually smoggy. Check out the air quality layer on Google Maps for both Android and iOS, to help you make more informed decisions about whether its safe to go on a hike or other outdoor adventures. Youll see Air Quality Index (AQI), a measure of how healthy (or unhealthy) the air is, along with guidance for outdoor activities, when the information was last updated, and links to learn more.

The air quality layer shows trusted data from government agencies, including theEnvironmental Protection Agency in the U.S. We are also showing air quality information fromPurpleAir, a low-cost sensor network which gives a more hyperlocal belief of conditions. To augment the air quality layer to your map, simply tap on the button in the top right corner of your screen, then select Air Quality under Map details.

You can also belief air quality information from PurpleAir on Nest displays and speakers. The broad coverage of PurpleAir sensors means significantly more people in the U.S. will be capable to access vital air quality information directly from their Nest devices.

Two smartphone screens showing the air quality layer on Google Maps

Be prepared during wildfire season

In recent years, wildfires have intensified and increased across the United States and around the world. Google Search interest in Best air filters for wildfire smoke and Best mask for wildfire smoke has doubled over the past year in the U.S. As wildfire season approaches, these Google features can help you safely navigate wildfires.

Before you head out, turn on the wildfire layer in Google Maps to see more details about active fires in the area thanks to our partnership with the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC). Or, for larger wildfires, you can use Search to look up "wildfires near me", and well surface associated air quality information along with useful information about the fire. In the coming months, were also adding smoke data across the U.S. from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to our air quality information on Google Search.

A smartphone screen showing air quality information on Google Search

We collaborate closely with partners in the weather and air quality space to surface helpful and authoritative information when you need it most. As you head out on hikes, camping trips and other outdoor adventures, we hope these tools help you feel safe and informed so you can enjoy the summer.

Source

Post subject: New ways to make more sustainable choices
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:53 pm 

Search interest in terms like electric vehicles, solar energy and thrift stores reached new highs globally over the past year suggesting that people are looking for ways to practice sustainability in their daily lives. Thats a inclination we love to see.

Averting climate change requires all of us to act. At Google, we extent to make our operations more sustainable (like our perfection to achieve net-zero emissions across all of our operations and value chain by 2030), and also make it easier for people and businesses to make more sustainable choices. At our Search On event, were sharing new ways Google can help you be more sustainable.

Find more efficient cars and eco-friendly routes

If youre in the market for a new car, youre probably looking to lower your fuel costs and emissions. Over the next few days, well start to show the annual fuel cost for cars in search results. Well also show emissions estimates, so you know how a exacting model you have your eye on compares to similar ones.

Animation showing the annual fuel cost of a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid compared to typical cars.

If youre looking to buy an electric vehicle which more than a quarter of new car buyers are well soon show estimated costs, anger and charging speeds for electric vehicle models. Plus, youll be capable to easily find public charging stations near you that are compatible with each electric vehicle. For U.S. shoppers, well also show available federal tax incentives, which make the switch to electric cars even more appealing.

Animation showing the charging speeds of a Ford F-150 Lightning.

To help save money on gas, drivers have also been using our eco-friendly routing feature, which helps people find the most fuel-efficient routes using insights from the U.S. Department of Energys National Renewable Energy Laboratory and data from the European Environment Agency. Were now making it easy for companies like delivery or ridesharing services to become more sustainable by using the same eco-friendly routing capability in their apps. Check out our blog post about Maps updates to learn more about this feature.

Shop pre-owned items

Whether its sprucing up your wardrobe with new items or digging up hidden gems from a few seasons ago, clothing choices have an impact on emissions and waste. After all, clothing is responsible for 10% of global carbon emissions. Buying pre-loved items is a small action you can take to live more sustainably. Later this year on Search, well highlight which products are pre-owned, making it easier than ever for you to make sustainable choices when shopping and maybe even save some money!

A jacket with a pre-owned label and green leaf icon.

Brussel up a healthier dinner

Some food ingredients are more sustainable than others. But its not always easy to find out how the environmental impact of chicken compares to fish or how eggs compare to tofu.

Soon, when you search for certain recipes like bean recipes or broccoli chicken, you can see how one choice compares with others thanks to ingredient-level emissions information from the United Nations. This feature will soon be available worldwide to English language users.

A search for panang curry with tofu, showing how tofu compares to other proteins in terms of emissions.

Whether youre buying pre-owned products and planning your next meal or road trip, these small changes can augment up to a big impact. The future of our planet and everyone on it deserves nothing less.

Source

Post subject: Kwentuhan: Sharing our stories this Filipino American Histor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:28 pm 

Kwentuhan: Sharing our stories this Filipino American History Month

Kwentuhan roughly translates to sharing stories in English. For Filipino American History Month, or Kapamilya Month as our Filipino Googler Network refers to it, we sat down with Paolo Malabuyo, Director of User Experience in Google Maps and executive sponsor of the Filipino Googler Network, to learn about his story.

As a child growing up in the Philippines, we heard you were somewhat of a Lego competition legend. How did this kickstart your interest in working in UX and plan?

I was the youngest of four and I always felt like I was in the shadow of my older, smarter, more athletic and more accomplished siblings. I dont recall having many ideas about what I wanted to be when I grew up, until my grandmother immigrated to the United States in the 1960s and started sending small handfuls of Lego pieces through the mail.

This started my fascination with Lego and culminated in my participation in Lego competitions across the Philippines. I still ponder that the greatest job in the world is designing Lego sets.

I immigrated to the States right before my 12th birthday and picked up drawing, reading, and crafting. This developed into a real affinity for art. I ended up getting a BFA in art and minors in communication plan, art history and Chinese studies. I also took basic programming classes and cultured web plan by emulating early websites.

Like Lego pieces, my early days of creatively building, combined with my art education and CS study were what constructed my career today. I got my first role as a graphic designer which started my roundabout journey to become a UX designer, leader and educator.

Can you talk about your role at Google?

I direct the cross-disciplinary user experience teams for Geo Auto and Geo Sustainability. In Auto, we plan and deliver the in-car, embedded Google Maps experiences for navigation, routing, and situational awareness so that drivers are safer and more trustful, with a major focus on electric vehicles. In Sustainability, we provide platforms, insights, and solutions that help users and partners tackle climate change the preeminent challenge for humanity today. Its an incredibly interesting portfolio and its such a privilege to labor with our teams and clients.

As an executive sponsor for the FIlipino Googler Network, I get to labor closely with other teams across Google on projects that impact the Filipino community. One example is the labor happening on Maps to help business owners identify themselves, including the introduction of the Asian-owned attribute earlier this year. This attribute will help many Filipino businesses be recognized by current and future customers.

What else is Google doing in support of Filipino culture?

Its great to see how Googles products and services are celebrating Filipino culture and elevating our voices. This month, we ran a beautiful Google Doodle in the Philippines which celebrated the Regatta de Zamboanga, an annual sailing competition from the southern part of the country.

Google TV is highlighting recent movies and TV shows that tell Filipino American stories and feature Filipino American direct actors in its For you tab.

And Google Arts & Culture has teamed up with amazing organizations to celebrate the plentiful culture and history of the Philippines, including the Filipinas Heritage Library, Filipino Street Art Project, and the Ballet Philippines.

Earlier, you talked about how you grew up in the Philippines. What role do you ponder Google has to play in supporting the local community?

Google has amazing resources that can help the people in the Philippines. Weve done a lot to support inclusive distance learning, from a Google.org agree to help teachers, to the national deployment of G Suite for Education to 22 million learners in partnership with the Department of Education. Were collaborating with local telecommunications companies to bring mobile access to learning tools and started a virtual training camp for Filipino YouTubers to accelerate development of quality learning content on the platform. Just last month, we announced we will be giving away Google Career Certificate scholarships to 39,000 Filipino youths.

Commitments like these are super valuable, and Im grateful for the labor to come.

Source

Post subject: Utama review: An unsettling look at climate change in Bolivi
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:01 am 

Utama review: An unsettling look at climate change in Bolivia

The threat of climate change permeates this visually stunning, memorable film about a couple living through drought in the Bolivian highlands

Source

Post subject: What will be the climate impact of a new coal mine in the UK
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:20 am 

What will be the climate impact of a new coal mine in the UK?

The UK government says a proposed new coal mine in Cumbria will have a "broadly neutral" effect on greenhouse gas emissions, but its climate change advisers disagree

Source

Post subject: Как создать новую тему petrochemical.gronerth.com ??
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:51 am 

Прошу подсказать, как ответить в существующую тему?
Что я делаю не так?
Прошу подсказать.
Спасибо.

Post subject: Exxon scientists in the 1970s accurately predicted climate c
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:38 am 

Exxon scientists in the 1970s accurately predicted climate change

Analysis of internal climate projections shows Exxon scientists knew the harm of burning fossil fuels, while firms executives played down the risk

Source

[ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68